Coaching and art therapy: a winning combination
It appeared to me, more than 10 years ago, that these two approaches of coaching and art-therapy are complementary and the combination is very powerful. I am always amazed at the results that this brings to customers.
That’s how this link (hyphen) between Art-therapy and Coaching became Art-Coaching, as I used to call it.
The art forms used
I offer individual and group sessions. I can use a wide variety of art forms as collage, painting, drawing, photography, music, writing, drama, movements, clowning, clay, and relaxation.
Art has always been part of my life as well as training. I practiced ballet, tap dancing, ballroom dancing and as a teenager I wanted to be ballet teacher.
But I became Software Engineer and started a career as a project manager. During the same time, I practiced Aïkido and became Aïkido teacher.
My career has been mostly in an international context, thus I have had the opportunity to practice English.
Then my free time was fully dedicated to drama, singing, musicals. I trained with both french and English teachers in France and London. From 1993 to 2000 I accompanied artists (actors, painters, musicians), translated, adapted and produced a new English drama in French and in English. When a french-american actress told me in 1997 that she wanted to hire my services as a coach I discovered what was coaching and it fitted my way I accompanied people.
Thus in 2000 I decided to create my own consulting and training company and to be trained and certified in professional coaching. As a certified coach I have always looked for methods and techniques to enhance my accompaniment with organizations and individuals. I often used writing, drama, voice in my services as for instance in my training “Public speaking”, and “Annual assessment interviews”. In 2009, I found a professional training in art therapy and decided to be certified as an art-therapist, so did I in 2011 with ARTEC Montpellier .
And so I reunited my professional side and my passion side, my left brain and my right brain, the heart of my business with the business of my heart.
‘‘The purpose of life is a life of purpose’
My diplomas and certifications
- Certified HBDI® Practitioner for individuals and teams – Herrmann Whole Brain® Model – Windsor, UK 2013
- Certified Art-therapist – ARTEC Montpellier 2011 (RNCP Certification)
- Certified NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner, IDCR Toulouse 2008
- Certified professional coach – Master Coach of International coaching Institute (ICICoach) Geneva 2001
- MBA CNAM-CEPRIM – (International Institute of Management ), Paris 1989-1991
- IT engineer magna cum laude – CNAM Paris 1987
- Brevet d’Etat d’Education Sportive (BEES) spécialité Aïkido, Paris 1985.